The Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee £5 Coin
Issued to mark the Platinum Jubilee of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the Platinum Jubilee £5 Coin celebrates a Royal first — 70 years of the Queen's reign.
£5 for just Five Pounds
Layered in pure Platinum
Depicts a specially commissioned effigy of the Queen inspired by the Dorothy Wilding accession portrait
The new £5 Coin honours Britain's first monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee
Highest Quality Proof Finish
Coin design officially approved by Buckingham Palace
Limited Mintage — just 49,995 £5 coins will be released
Includes the official Platinum Jubilee Collectors' Presentation Folder — FREE
Exclusively available through The Bradford Exchange
Order the first issue & secure guaranteed access to the remaining seven coins in the set for just £39.95 each (+£3.99 S&S). Each coin will be sent to you to preview at three to four week intervals. Coins you choose to keep will charged to your credit/debit card
Orders are limited to one coin per UK household
Minted to mark a Royal first!
This year, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II becomes the first ever British monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee. To mark this momentous occasion – 70 years since she became our sovereign, the Platinum Jubilee £5 Coin has been issued. Layered in pure platinum, the coin portrays the Queen at the time of her Accession 70 years ago, set against the background of the Union Flag in full colour.
An everlasting and fitting tribute to the Queen's 70th Accession Anniversary
The Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee £5 has been struck to crown size (38.6mm), the traditional size reserved for Royal commemoratives and in a PROOF finish. This is the highest quality possible, coveted most by collectors, each coin struck not once, but twice onto a specially prepared mirrored surface. Every detail of the artist's design stands out with remarkable clarity due to the care and attention of craftsmen in producing the master tools.
Each coin is layered in pure Platinum
In recognition of the significance of the platinum jubilee, each commemorative has been layered in one of the world's rarest of precious metals — pure Platinum, the 70th anniversary metal for the 70th anniversary Platinum Jubilee.
Depicting a specially commissioned portrait of the Queen
The new Platinum Jubilee £5 coin features a specially commissioned effigy of The Queen inspired by a portrait made of Her Majesty by society photographer Dorothy Wilding just 20 days after her accession to the throne. The portrait is set against a full-colour image of the Union flag, symbolising the people of the four home nations of the United Kingdom who have lived through the Queen’s remarkable reign.
FREE Official Collectors' Presentation Folder
Together with the Platinum Jubilee £5 Coin, you will receive the official Jubilee Anniversary Collectors' Folder. This beautifully illustrated pack provides a protective and timeless home for your coin and reveals the stories behind the events and traditions that have marked The Queen’s Jubilees over the last 70 years. Accompanying your folder is the Certificate of Authenticity guaranteeing your coin's specifications and provenance. Both are yours COMPLETELY FREE with our compliments, with your order.
Available Exclusively from The Bradford Exchange
The Platinum Jubilee £5 coin is available exclusively from The Bradford Exchange, which means you won't find it, or this offer, anywhere else.
Own the Platinum Jubilee £5 coin today for just £5
This edition is just the first in the definitive Platinum Jubilee 'Portraits in Time' set of eight coins, taking you on a 70-year journey, from the moment Princess Elizabeth became Queen in 1952, through all the traditions, triumphs and tragedies that have shaped Her Majesty’s reign up to the present day and her historic Platinum Jubilee. You may order this first coin for the face value of just £5 (plus £3.99 S&S), In addition, you will automatically be guaranteed access to the seven remaining coins in the set. Fully-layered in pure platinum, each coin may be yours for just £39.95 + S&S, allowing you to complete the set easily and affordably. You are under no obligation to purchase further items and all orders are covered by Bradford Exchange's 365-day money-back guarantee. This offer is limited to one per UK household.
The Platinum Jubilee £5 Coin
|Year of Issue
|Fully layered in pure Platinum
|Proof – the highest possible quality
|Portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
|Specially commissioned portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II set against the colour background of the Union Flag
|Ascension Is, approved by Buckingham Palace
Why do we offer the first coin in a set for the face value of just £5?
- We believe this is the best way to introduce you to a collection and trust that this first coin will assure you of the quality of craftsmanship and convince you that this is a collection not to be missed.
- By purchasing this first coin you will be guaranteed access to the remaining seven coins in the definitive Platinum Jubilee 'Portraits in Time' set, celebrating the seven decades of Her Majesty's record breaking reign.
- Each of the seven coins will be sent to you to view entirely on approval and without obligation for just £39.95 (+£3.99 S&S) each, at approximately 2-4 weekly intervals on The Bradford Exchange 14-day home approval service.
- You can relax knowing that you will be able to complete your set, easily and affordably, should you choose to do so. You're not at risk of an increase in price of the remaining coins in the set, nor will you miss out due to an edition sell-out.
- For your convenience you do not need to order each coin separately – simply pay for the editions you choose to keep as and when you receive them, charged to the credit or debit card on which your order was placed.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any of the remaining coins in the set, and you may cancel your collection at any time.
- All orders are covered by Bradford Exchange's 14-day approval and 365-day no-quibble money-back guarantee.
Our Collector Guarantee