The Armistice Centenary 'Ode Of Remembrance' Uniquely Numbered Coin
A poignant tribute to the heroism of those who served during the First World War issued to mark 100 years since the end of the conflict and the centenary of Armistice
Uniquely numbered edition - the earliest orders will receive the lowest numbered coins
Layered in pure Silver
Minted in collectors' Proof condition – the highest quality possible
Features a fallen soldier in the arms of a winged Victory, in Flanders' Fields
Edition Limit: just 9,999 coins issued worldwide
Crown denomination – in keeping with the tradition of commemorative coin issues
An informative Certificate of Authenticity and Presentation Folder are included FREE with your order
Exclusive to The Bradford Exchange
In remembrance of the millions who sacrificed their today for our tomorrow throughout the First World War
Flanders Fields is possibly the most appalling place to be during The Great War. Despite the devastation all around him, a young Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae wrote his now-famous poem 'In Flanders Fields', having been moved by the profusion of wild red poppies emerging amongst the graves of the fallen. He would not live to see his red poppy become our national symbol of remembrance. To mark 100 years since the end of The Great War, a new limited-edition coin has been issued. McCrae's poem inspires the poignant '2018 Ode Of Remembrance' Coin; the striking design depicts a fallen soldier in the arms of the winged figure of Victory, in Flanders' Fields.
Layered in pure Silver and struck in stunning high relief
Beautifully crafted the coin’s design evokes the neoclassic style, as seen on the medallic art of the war era, in particular, that of the Victory medal that was awarded to everyone who ventured into the theatre of battle between 1914-1918. Now, 100 years after the end of the First World War, this new coin shows a solemn representation of Victory as she reflects on the inscription from Binyon's 'Ode Of Remembrance – they shall grow not old'. The design is the work of renowned coin artist Joel Iskovitz - in his own words, ‘The underlying theme is “Remembrance,” featuring a vision of a compassionate, and at times, a mournful Victory, underscoring the enormous costs of the Great War.’
Strictly limited availability & Uniquely Numbered
Due to the intricacies involved in this minting process, the official Lest We Forget ‘Ode of Remembrance’ Coin is subject to a strict limitation of just 9,999 coins worldwide – an exceptionally small mintage for an official commemorative issue. Most significantly of all, each coin is uniquely numbered within the mintage meaning no two coins are the same – the ultimate collectors’ edition. A strict application procedure is therefore in place with priority established on a ‘first come first served basis’. The earliest orders will receive the lowest edition numbers.
A poignant tribute to the heroism of those who served 100 years ago
Struck to the highest possible PROOF finish, and layered in pure Silver, the '2018 Ode Of Remembrance' Coin has been beautifully sculpted and struck in the most technically demanding high-relief – allowing every detail of the exquisite design to show through.
Own the coin today for just £9.95 as part of 'The Ode Of Remembrance' Coin
'The Ode Of Remembrance' Coin is the first in a set of six silver-layered crowns commemorating the centenary of the First World War. The good news is that you can order this first coin for just £9.95 (plus £2.99 S&H), saving you £20. In addition, you will automatically be guaranteed access to the five remaining coins in the set, allowing you to complete the set easily and affordably. Fully-layered in pure Silver, each coin may be yours for just £29.95 (plus £2.99 S&S) each, sent entirely on approval approximately every 3-4 weeks and of course, you may cancel at any time. You are under no obligation to purchase further items and all orders are covered by Bradford Exchange's 14-day money-back guarantee. This offer is limited to one per UK household.
Each coin comes complete with a Certificate of Authenticity and is presented in an informative presentation case – completely FREE
Limited to just 9,999 worldwide, each coin is uniquely numbered – the ultimate collectors' edition. Order now!
Orders will be handled in strict order of receipt and the first orders will receive the lowest numbered coins.
The exclusive 'Ode Of Remembrance' Coin from The Bradford Exchange features:
They Shall Grow Not Old - Uniquely Numbered Coin
|Year of issue:||
Layered in pure Silver
Proof – the highest possible quality
Tristan da Cunha
The Angel of Victory holds a fallen soldier in Flanders Fields
Portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Milled and uniquely numbered
Why do we offer a saving on the first coin in a set?
- We believe this is the best way to introduce you to a collection and trust that this first commemorative will assure you of the quality of craftsmanship and convince you that this is a collection not to be missed
- By purchasing this first commemorative you will be guaranteed access to the remaining five commemoratives in the Ode of Remembrance Coin Set.
- Each of the further five issues will be sent to you to view entirely on approval and without obligation, at approximately 3-4 weekly intervals at just £29.95 (+£2.99 delivery service & shipping)
- Each of the future issues will be sent on The Bradford Exchange 14-day home approval service, allowing you to complete the set easily and affordably, should you wish to do so.
- You can relax knowing that you will be able to complete your set, should you choose to do so. You're not at risk of an increase in the price on the remaining commemoratives in the set, nor will you miss out due to an edition sell-out
- For your convenience you do not need to order each commemorative separately – simply pay for the editions you choose to keep as and when you receive them, charged to the credit or debit card on which your order was placed
- You are under no obligation to purchase any of the remaining commemoratives in the set, and you may cancel your collection at any time
- All orders are covered by Bradford Exchange's 14-day approval, no-quibble money-back guarantee
Our Collector Guarantee