The 'Battle Of The Somme' Five Crown Coin
Commemorating 100 years since the Battle of the Somme, an impressive 65mm coin pays tribute to this important battle as part of the First World War Centenary
Exclusively available from The Bradford Exchange – you won't find this edition anywhere else!
Limited to 2,016 editions worldwide
Fully-layered with pure 24-carat gold
An informative Certificate of Authenticity and a prestigious presentation case are included FREE
A unique 65mm five crowns coin commemoration of the Battle of the Somme centenary, exclusive to The Bradford Exchange – On a bright midsummer morning on 1st July 1916, thousands of British soldiers began their advance on the enemy near the river Somme on the Western Front. A great many were part of a huge volunteer army, the largest Britain had ever mustered, and they lived and died for their country in the trenches of Northern France. The first day of the Battle of the Somme would go down in history as the greatest loss of life for the British Army in a single day – over 19,000 young men were killed, many from the same ‘Pals’ brigades, devastating communities back home. For many today, the Somme has become synonymous with huge loss of life and a symbol of the futility of war.
100 years on, direct experience of this conflict has passed from living memory, making it more important than ever that we remember the sacrifices of others with a lasting commemoration.
To commemorate the centenary of the Battle of the Somme and preserve the memory of those who took part, a majestic coin to match the importance of the occasion has been released: an impressive 3.5 ounce five crown weighing more than three times that of regular crown coins, wholly-layered in pure 24-carat gold and accented with a full-colour Union Jack flag. Struck to a high specification, only 2,016 are available.
The 'Battle Of The Somme' Five Crown Coin has been endorsed by the Lest We Forget Association. A registered charity, the ‘Lest We Forget’ Association supports the welfare of disabled Armed Forces and Merchant Navy personnel, both active and otherwise, in hospital or at home.
Applications will be approved in strict order of receipt. If your application is successful you will be notified. Offer is limited to one per household. Comes with a 14 day returns policy. You may cancel at any time.
An informative Certificate of Authenticity is included FREE of charge with this edition, which details the unique specification of your coin. This offer is likely to attract considerable interest, and not just from collectors.
Don't hesitate – place your order today!
The exclusive 'Battle Of The Somme' Five Crown Coin from The Bradford Exchange features:
- A limited edition five crown coin paying tribute to the centenary of the Battle of the Somme
- LIMITED EDITION – Limited to 2,016 editions worldwide
- HIGH SPECIFICATION – Intended as a collector item, this crown is fully-layered with pure 24-carat gold
- INCREDIBLE DETAIL – The crown coin is layered in pure 24-carat gold. Depicted is a tank, with soldiers walking towards the battle, with rays of the sun and full-colour Union Jack behind
- FREE – An informative Certificate of Authenticity and a prestigious presentation case are included FREE of charge
- MEASUREMENTS – Measures 65 mm in diameter
- APPLY NOW – Applications will be approved in strict order of receipt. If your application is successful you will be notified in writing within 7 days. Offer is limited to one coin per household
- APPROVAL – You can view this coin edition on approval for 14 days and without obligation