'The Waterloo Victory Medal Crown Coin Set'
Both crown coins are fully layered in 24-carat gold, with a central full colour design
On 18th June 1815, the Duke of Wellington’s Seventh Coalition defeated Napoleon’s French Army at the Battle of Waterloo. It was a milestone in British history: Napoleon’s rule of the French Empire was over, altering the balance of power in Europe and putting an end to 20 years of conflict. To honour this achievement, the Prince Regent - later King George IV - conferred the Waterloo Medal on every officer, non-commissioned officer and soldier of the British Army who took part in the Battle of Ligny, the Battle of Quatre Bras or the Battle of Waterloo. This was the first medal to be issued to all soldiers present at an action, regardless of rank, and for this reason it is considered Britain’s first true campaign medal. Every soldier present at one of more of these battles received a Waterloo Medal and became known as a ‘Waterloo Man’.
Exactly 200 years have passed since Wellington’s victory at the Battle of Waterloo, which remains one of Britain’s most famous wartime achievements. Now, you can pay tribute with a limited edition commemorative set dedicated to the Waterloo Victory Medal and the memory of all those whose valiant actions merited this pre-eminent award.
The Bradford Exchange is proud to announce the release of The Waterloo Victory Medal Crown Coin Set, commemorating the 200th anniversary of Wellington’s victory at the Battle of Waterloo. Only 1,815 of these exclusive sets have been produced.
The crown coin in this handsome set is fully layered in pure 24-carat gold and bears a detailed central design highlighting the distinctive qualities of the Waterloo Victory Medal. The accompanying replica Waterloo Medal is a beautifully crafted representation of Britain’s first true campaign medal. The Waterloo Victory Medal Crown Coin Set is accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity prepared by our specialists, and is presented in a fine display case.
Applications will be approved in strict order of receipt. If your application is successful you will be notified. Offer is limited to one set per household. Comes with a 14 day returns policy. You may cancel at any time.
Don't hesitate – this offer is likely to attract considerable interest, and not just from collectors. Honour this historic event and place your order today!
'The Waterloo Victory Medal Crown Coin Set' is an heirloom edition exclusive to The Bradford Exchange
- A limited edition crown crown set commemorating the 200th anniversary of Wellington’s Victory at the Battle of Waterloo
- LIMITED EDITION – Limited to 1,815 editions worldwide. Each crown coin set is accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity showing that it is part of this limited issue
- HIGH SPECIFICATION – Intended as a collector item, this crown coin set is fully layered with pure 24-carat gold
- INCREDIBLE DETAIL – The crown coin in this handsome set bears a detailed central design highlighting the distinctive qualities of the Waterloo Victory Medal. The accompanying replica Waterloo Medal is a beautifully crafted representation of Britain’s first true campaign medal
- FREE – An informative, individually-numbered Certificate of Authenticity and a wooden display box is included FREE of charge
- MEASUREMENTS – Each coin measures 38.6 mm in diameter
- APPROVAL – You can view this coin set edition on approval for 14 days and without obligation