The VE Day 75th Anniversary £5 Coin
Issued to mark the 75th Anniversary of VE Day this world-first £5 coin commemorates the Allied Victory in Europe and pays tribute to the Second World War generation who served at home and overseas
£5 for just Five Pounds
The first-ever £5 Coin to feature a typographic design
Presents the iconic portrait of Sir Winston Churchill in his own words - look closely and you will see the image is made up out of the words from his victory day speech in the style of his handwriting
New £5 Coin issued to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of VE Day
Highest Quality Proof Finish
Limited Mintage - just 49,999 £5 coins will be released
Layered in Pure Silver
Exclusively available through The Bradford Exchange
Orders are limited to one coin per UK household
Churchill £5 Coin marks 75 years since VE Day
75 Years ago, on May 8, 1945, Churchill addressed the nation, “God bless you all. This is your victory! It is the victory of the cause of freedom in every land. In all our long history we have never seen a greater day than this”. The long-awaited day of peace had come, and the years of hostility in Europe ended. To mark the 75th Anniversary of VE Day in 2020, a new £5 coin has been issued — the VE Day 75th Anniversary £5 coin.
It is said that during the dark days of the Second World War Churchill “took the English language and sent it into battle.”
Implementing an ingenious minting technique, the design of the new £5 coin features a portrait of Winston Churchill with his iconic V for Victory sign made entirely from the words of his speech as he addressed the nation on VE Day. At the coin's perimeter is the dial of Big Ben and the V and the E of the VE75 insignia point to one minute past midnight, the time that the ceasefire officially came into effect, at the same time the bells of Big Ben rang out to the gathering crowds to signal the war was finally over.
World-first Typographic £5 Coin Presents Churchill in His Own Words: This is your Victory
Over this May bank holiday weekend, as we remember the heroes of the Second World War, Winston Churchill’s victory speech will once again resound across the country just as it did 75 years ago. It is scheduled to be rebroadcast in public spaces as part of the VE Day 75th anniversary commemorations. The new £5 Coin issued to mark the 75th anniversary of VE Day fittingly depicts Churchill in his own words, taken from that victory speech.
Highest Quality Proof Finish and Layered in Pure Silver
Struck to the highest possible quality Proof finish and layered in pure silver, just 49,999 coins are being released worldwide. Importantly when you order the VE Day 75th Anniversary £5 Coin, you will be guaranteed access to these remaining five commemoratives in the Words that Won the War Coin Set for just £39.95 (+£2.99 S&S) each. Each coin will be delivered to you at approximately 3-4 weekly intervals, entirely on approval and without any obligation – simply choose which, if any, you wish to keep. And you are fully protected by the Bradford Exchange 14-day money-back guarantee.
Receive the Collectors' Presentation Folder with Your Order - FREE
This year, on May 8, a special programme of events will take place across the United Kingdom to commemorate Allied Victory in Europe and pay tribute to the Second World War generation who served at home and overseas. This year’s anniversary is a poignant and possibly final opportunity for the nation to give thanks to all those who contributed to a defining moment in history. Order your VE Day 75th Anniversary Coin today. Together with your coin, you will also receive the official Collectors’ Presentation Pack. This informative folder stores and displays your coin safely and elegantly.
The VE Day 75th Anniversary £5 Coin
|Year of Issue||2020|
|Alloy||Fully layered in pure Silver|
|Quality||Proof – the highest possible quality|
|Obverse||Portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II|
|Reverse||The words of Churchill's VE Day speech to the nation make up the iconic image of Sir Winston Churchill displaying his famous ‘V for Victory’ sign.|
|Issuing Authority||Alderney, approved by Buckingham Palace|
Why do we offer a saving on the first coin in a set?
- We believe this is the best way to introduce you to a collection and trust that this first coin will assure you of the quality of craftsmanship and convince you that this is a collection not to be missed
- By purchasing this first coin you will be guaranteed access to the remaining five coins in the Words that Won the War Coin Set. Commemorating the 75th Anniversary of VE Day, each coin will be sent entirely on approval at just £39.95 (+£2.99 S&S)
- Each of the future coins will be sent to you to view entirely on approval and without obligation, at approximately 3-4 weekly intervals on The Bradford Exchange 14-day home approval service.
- You can relax knowing that you will be able to complete your set, easily and affordably, should you choose to do so. You're not at risk of an increase in the price on the remaining commemoratives in the set, nor will you miss out due to an edition sell-out.
- For your convenience you do not need to order each coin separately – simply pay for the editions you choose to keep as and when you receive them, charged to the credit or debit card on which your order was placed.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any of the remaining coins in the set, and you may cancel your collection at any time.
- All orders are covered by Bradford Exchange's 14-day approval, no-quibble money-back guarantee.
Our Collector Guarantee