The Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee 70p Coin
Issued to mark the Platinum Jubilee of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the first ever Platinum Jubilee 70p Coin celebrates a Royal first - 70 years of the Queen's reign.
The first ever 70p coin issue
Struck as a seven sided coin - just like it's 50p forebear
Layered in pure Silver
Depicts a specially commissioned effigy of the Queen inspired by the Dorothy Wilding accession portrait
The new 70p coin honours Britain's first monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee
Each of the seven sides represents one of the seven decades of Her Majesty's reign
Highest Quality Proof Finish
Coin design officially approved by Buckingham Palace
Limited Mintage - just 49,995 70p coins will be released
Includes the official Platinum Jubilee Collectors' Presentation Folder - FREE
Exclusively available through The Bradford Exchange
Orders are limited to one coin per UK household
A World First minted to mark a Royal first!
This year, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II becomes the first ever British monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee. To mark this momentous occasion – 70 years since she became our sovereign, the FIRST EVER 70p coin has been issued - 7 sided for 7 decades. Layered in pure Silver, the coin portrays the Queen at the time of her Accession 70 years ago, set against the background of the Union Flag.
A 'first of its kind' 7 sided coin tribute to the Queen's 70th Accession Anniversary
The Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee 70p has has been struck as a seven-sided coin - just like it's 50p forebear, each side representing one of the seven decades of the Her Majesty's reign. Each coin has been struck to a PROOF finish, the highest quality possible, coveted most by collectors, each coin struck not once, but twice onto a specially prepared mirrored surface. Every detail of the artist's design stands out with remarkable clarity due to the care and attention of craftsmen in producing the master tools.
Each coin is layered in pure Silver
In recognition of the significance of the platinum jubilee, each 70p coin has been layered in one of the world's most precious metals - pure Silver.
Depicting a specially commissioned portrait of the Queen
The new Platinum Jubilee 70p coin features a specially commissioned effigy of The Queen inspired by a portrait made of Her Majesty by society photographer Dorothy Wilding just 20 days after her accession to the throne. The portrait is set against a backdrop of the Union flag, symbolising the people of the four home nations of the United Kingdom who have lived through the Queen’s remarkable reign.
FREE Official Collectors' Presentation Folder
Together with the Platinum Jubilee 70p Coin, you will receive the official Jubilee Anniversary Collectors' Folder. This beautifully illustrated pack provides a protective and timeless home for your coin and reveals the stories behind the events and traditions that have marked The Queen’s Jubilees over the last 70 years. Accompanying your folder is the Certificate of Authenticity guaranteeing your coin's specifications and provenance. Both are yours COMPLETELY FREE with our compliments, with your order.
Available Exclusively from The Bradford Exchange
The Platinum Jubilee 70p coin is available exclusively from The Bradford Exchange, which means you won't find it, or this offer, anywhere else.
Own the Platinum Jubilee 70p coin today for just 70p
This edition is just the first in the definitive Platinum Jubilee 'Portraits in Time' set of eight coins, taking you on a 70-year journey, from the moment Princess Elizabeth became Queen in 1952, through all the traditions, triumphs and tragedies that have shaped Her Majesty’s reign up to the present day and her historic Platinum Jubilee. You may order this first coin for the face value of just 70p (plus £3.99 S&S), In addition, you will automatically be guaranteed access to the seven remaining Crown coins in the set. Fully-layered in pure platinum, each coin may be yours for just £39.95 + S&S, allowing you to complete the set easily and affordably. You are under no obligation to purchase further items and all orders are covered by Bradford Exchange's 14-day money-back guarantee. This offer is limited to one per UK household.
The Platinum Jubilee 70p Coin
|Year of Issue||2022|
|Alloy||Fully layered in pure Silver|
|Quality||Proof – the highest possible quality|
|Obverse||Portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II|
|Reverse||Specially commissioned portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II set against the background of the Union Flag|
|Issuing Authority||Ascension Is, approved by Buckingham Palace|
Why do we offer the first coin in a set for the face value of just 70p?
- We believe this is the best way to introduce you to a collection and trust that this first coin will assure you of the quality of craftsmanship and convince you that this is a collection not to be missed
- By purchasing this first coin you will be guaranteed access to the remaining seven Crown coins in the definitive Platinum Jubilee 'Portraits in Time' set, celebrating the seven decades of Her Majesty's record breaking reign.
- Each of the seven Crown coins are layered in pure Platinum and will be sent to you to view entirely on approval and without obligation for just £39.95 (+£3.99 S&S) each, at approximately 3-4 weekly intervals on The Bradford Exchange 14-day home approval service.
- You can relax knowing that you will be able to complete your set, easily and affordably, should you choose to do so. You're not at risk of an increase in price of the remaining coins in the set, nor will you miss out due to an edition sell-out.
- For your convenience you do not need to order each coin separately – simply pay for the editions you choose to keep as and when you receive them, charged to the credit or debit card on which your order was placed.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any of the remaining coins in the set, and you may cancel your collection at any time.
- All orders are covered by Bradford Exchange's 14-day approval, no-quibble money-back guarantee.
Our Collector Guarantee